Twice Baked Cauliflower


Earlier this year I set goals for myself some are work-related, some health-related, and of course some are blog-related. One thing that always seems to slip my mind when menu planning are side dishes. Don’t get me wrong every night there is always some type of vegetable or salad, but usually it is just that. I am trying to step it up in the side dish department. Last week I made this crockpot pork tenderloin and I wanted something to dip my pork into. I had pinned this recipe and was really intrigured by swapping out the potatoes with cauliflower. I really don’t have a taste for cauliflower so I wasn’t sure what to expect.



Twice baked potatoes hold a dear place in my heart, they were always a special treat on Sundays. Paired with roast beef or a steak, they happen to be one of my all time favorite side dishes that my Mom made for us growing up. Here you swap out the potatoes for some cauliflower. You “mash” the cauliflower and combine it with some cheese, green onions, and bacon. When we tasted it, Blair had no idea that they weren’t potatoes that he was eating. We both were thoroughly impressed with the change. I definitely had seconds after all was said and done. I plan to try other possible swaps with cauliflower in the near future, but this side dish is definitely going to be my new go-to.



Twice Baked Cauliflower
Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked until very crisp
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, cook bacon until nice and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel, set aside until ready to use. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small florets. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft, about 12-15 minutes. Drain well and mash with potato masher or back of a spoon, leaving some chunks. Crumble the cooled bacon into pieces. Fold in the cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.


Spread evenly in a medium-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with the cheddar cheese and remaining bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.


Source

Previous
Next Post »