Chevron Chocolate Overload Krispie Treats


Chevron Rice Krispie Treats | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com


So I guess you’ve figured out by now that I’m not a trendy person. I don’t own any chevron paper straws, my laundry room is not teal and coral, and I don’t own a chalkboard or a bubble necklace. I do have some cute baker’s twine, and I am all caught up on Parenthood and Downton Abbey so I have that going for me at least. I don’t quite understand the chevron craze. It’s cute and all, don’t get me wrong. I think the first time I saw it or knew what the word “chevron” was referring to was on those Target dresses that everyone went INSANE over. Are people still going crazy over those? I don’t even know.


One thing I do understand is chocolate. And these Chevron Chocolate Overload Rice Krispie Treats are something I can relate to. Cocoa Krispies cereal, chocolate marshmallows, chocolate frosting, topped with M&Ms. And can we talk about this new M&M color mix? I am kind of in love with it. Pink, Teal, Green, Purple, Red, and Blue ? {I found it at Target FYI.}


Chevron Rice Krispie Treats | www.inkatrinaskitchen.com


Let me just say here that even my attempt to be trendy and hop on the chevron train was completely overlooked in my house full of boys. My husband walked in the room and said, “Oh! A Mexican blanket.”


Really? The plus side is that Cinco de Mayo is coming up so you can totally make these for all of your May 5th celebrations. Surely krispie treats are a popular Mexican dish, yes? Mmmmmmkay.



Yield: 9x13 pan


Prep Time: 60 min


Total Time: 60 min


Chevron patterned rice krispie treats recipe made with chocolate cereal, chocolate marshmallows, chocolate frosting, and M&Ms- delicious chocolate overload!

1/4 cup salted butter5 cups Cocoa Krispies rice cereal1 bag (8 oz) Chocolate Royale Jet-Puffed marshmallows1 tub (16 oz) chocolate frosting2 bags (medium sized) M&MsPrepare your 9x13 pan by spraying with cooking spray.In a large pan over medium heat melt your butter.Add marshmallows and stir until melted and incorporated.Remove from heat and stir in cereal until coated.Press into prepared pan.Separate M&Ms into 6 bowls by color.Remove plastic lid and foil cover to frosting. Microwave 15-30 seconds. Stir and pour over pan.Attach M&Ms in a chevron pattern by making triangles.You can spray hands with cooking spray to press cereal treats into pan without sticking.This pattern can of course be made onto cake, brownies, or any dessert- have fun!Or just make the treats without the candy on top- Cocoa Krispie Treats made with chocolate marshmallows are still pretty mind blowing.

Source

Previous
Next Post »