Nutella Swirl Coffee Cake


For some reason, Blair thought it was really strange that a couple would register for a bundt cake pan, what could you possibly make in that thing? It all started when his good friend, Brian, got hitched to Molly and they had a bundt cake holder on their registry. Blair thought it was the most ridiculous thing and then insisted that we buy it for them. Of course this came after endless taunting of the fact that this item was on their wish list.


Little did Blair know that when we went to register, I made sure every single baking pan out there made it onto our wish list. What can I say I love to bake and no one was going to stand in my way to get the things I wanted. Brian and Molly ended up buying our bundt pan for us and I think of these course of events every time I pull it out of the cupboard.


Unfortunately, I don’t make too many cakes in my bundt pan, but this one when I saw it, I had to have it. It has been awhile since I did some baking therapy so I planned to make this last weekend. Coffee cake to me is the perfect treat because you can eat it for two different courses, breakfast and or dessert. Nutella has recently shot up on my list of favorites and I need to seek out more recipes to use it in. (Of course, there are many times where I just stick a spoon into the jar, I have no shame.) The cake itself is light and moist, and the beautiful swirl of Nutella inside makes it a beautiful sight. It ended up being the perfect accompaniment to some coffee, but tea or a big glass of milk would suffice as well.



Nutella Swirl Coffee Cake
Ingredients:
¾ cup butter, room temperature
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces plain yogurt
½ to 1 cup Nutella


What you’ll do:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large bundt pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside until ready to use.


In your mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in the vanilla.  With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture, alternate with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.  Mix until all of the flour is incorporated.


Warm the Nutella for about 20 seconds on low in the microwave. Spread about 1/3 of the batter in the pan, smoothing it so it is even. Drizzle with 1/3 of the warmed Nutella. Swirl with a knife. Repeat two more times ending with the swirling of the Nutella.


Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.


Source

Previous
Next Post »