Deep Dish Brownies for Two

I pretty much dream about the deep dish cookie pies I made back in November every weekend. If the recipe made just a tad less, I would tackle them more often over the weekend for some Sunday dessert. When I stumbled upon a recipe with the same concept and in brownie form, and made only 2, I had to hold myself back from running into the kitchen to whip them up. This deep dish brownies are a little slice of heaven on earth.


A few weeks ago, I was having one of those weeks where nothing seemed to be going my way. Every girl has them right and most of us girls turn to chocolate and wine. Please tell me I am not alone! Even though these brownies are insanely rich and I told myself that I would eat only half of it, I indulged in the entire thing. You know what, it made me feel better and that is all that matters. They came together quickly and they use mainly pantry ingredients so there is no need to run out to the store for some obscure ingredient. That very fact is the reason why I have made them pretty much every weekend since I discovered the recipe. We usually pop them in the oven when we sit down to eat so they can sit for the recommended time and we can dive in. It goes without saying that you need vanilla ice cream to dollop on top.  I apologize in advance to your thighs.



Deep Dish Brownies


Ingredients:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 egg
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
Vanilla ice cream, for serving


What you’ll do:


Preheat oven to 350F. Spray two ramekins with cooking spray. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until thickened and egg is pale yellow in color. Whisk in the melted chocolate then stir in salt, vanilla, and flour.Divide the batter evenly between the two ramekins.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tops look dry and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream.


Source: Chocolate Moosey


Source

Previous
Next Post »