Let’s Do Lunch: Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomatoes, Broccoli and Feta

Most of the time I have no problem eating a healthy diet.  But, I’m still human, and some days I come home exhausted wanting only grilled cheese-mac and cheese-cheese pizza-cheese anything.  On those same days, I usually do all sorts of mental backbends and end up convincing myself that making something healthy will take too much time or energy.  (This, even despite the fact that I’ve shared plenty of recipes that would suggest otherwise.)  Thankfully I powered through, made this, and absolutely loved it.  It has only six ingredients, and they are things I nearly always have on hand.  For that reason, this is a perfect healthy recipe for those times when you’re tempted to go a different way.  Six ingredients and minimal effort go a long way in this dish!  Cooking the quinoa in veggie broth rather than water adds an extra layer of flavor, and we loved the combination of the broccoli with the sweet tomatoes and salty feta.

Also, a side note: In case you’ve been following recent articles about ethical farming of quinoa and its impact in countries such as Bolivia, you may be questioning the greatness of this recently popular superfood.  I certainly have been.  Thanks to my friends Alex and Sonja of A Couple Cooks for pointing me in the direction of a source of fair trade quinoa, AlterEco.  Read more about the company and shop here if you’re interested.  (Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company, just passing along the information.)

1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups veggie stock
4 oz. crumbled feta, divided


Source

Previous
Next Post »