Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

What do you love best about the salad you see here?  For most people, I’m sure the answer would be the bacon.  While I do like the bacon (definite progress from a few years ago), I am all about the hard boiled eggs.  I love them.  (Don’t even get me started on deviled eggs.  They are my kryptonite.  Gah!)  But aside from my love of eggs, I love this salad overall.  The components just work so very well together.  The eggs provide a bit of creaminess, the bacon gives bacony goodness, obviously.  With the crunchy spinach leaves, earthy mushrooms and slight bite of the red onion, the combination is stellar.  This would make a really nice starter to a meal or does well on its own as a light-ish meal.

For the salad: 
8-12 oz. baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
4 oz. button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3-4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced

For the dressing: 
6 slices thick bacon (about 6 oz.), finely diced
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp. honey or sugar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste


Source

Previous
Next Post »