Mother’s Day Love

With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, I thought I’d give you all a little reminder as well as a few suggestions of things you to make for your mom.  It goes without saying that I often express my love through the preparing of food for my family and friends, and I have no doubt that if my mom were still here today, I would absolutely be planning a spectacular meal to share with her.  Also, if your mom has passed or isn’t present in your life and your dad or someone else has done double duty as a result, consider honoring them on Mother’s Day as well.  The role of a mother is a big one, no matter who is filling it.

This baked French toast is a perfect option for French toast lovers.  It has all that great flavor and texture but is made the night before so all you need to do is pop it in the oven in the morning.  Easy peasy, pretty, and delicious!

I don’t remember a lot about what foods my mom loved, but I do remember that she loved scones and she made them on Christmas morning.  I wish I could make these blueberry scones for her.  They are tender, buttery, and the hint of lemon zest is a really nice finishing note.  Don’t tell any of the other scones, but I really think these are my favorite.

Make them for breakfast or even for dessert, but I do suggest you make them.  These chocolate swirl buns are out of this world.

Whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, my family knows that this breakfast panini with herb butter is my ultimate.  It’s the thing guaranteed to put a smile on my face.  If your mom is a fan of breakfast sandwiches, this will make her day.

Moving right along to lunch, these garlicky shrimp and avocado open-faced sandwiches are a great option.  Light, quick and easy but still incredibly tasty.

Greek pita pizzas are a great choice for a lunch that is light, yet full of flavor.  I’ll take one, please!

Grilled cheese is pretty much my all-time favorite lunch, and this spinach artichoke version would be a fantastic Mother’s Day treat in my book.

If you are looking for a dinner that is easy but impressive, look no further than caramelized scallops.  This is my absolute favorite way to prepare scallops and it requires pretty minimal effort.

Lasagna-stuffed portabellos are a simpler version of a classic comfort food and I love them for that.

Cinco de Mayo may have been this past weekend, but in our house Mexican food is always the right answer.  These chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite special occasion/celebration dinners, and I would love to have them on Mother’s Day.

Lastly, a pasta dish that is always welcome on my table, pasta alla vodka.  Classics like this never go out of style.

Of course, if your mom has a sweet tooth, I have too many options too really begin to narrow it down.  Here are just a few of my favorite suggestions.

Oh, tunnel of fudge cake, you chocolate lover’s dream.  How can I resist that gorgeous chocolate glaze and gooey chocolate center?  Oh yeah, I can’t.

Raspberry chiffon pie is pretty, pink, and a lovely choice for spring.

Tiramisu cupcakes.  Just do it.

Homemade rocky road ice cream could be a fun thing to make together with mom, or just a really delicious surprise.


Source

Previous
Next Post »