Massaged Kale Caesar Salad

It’s the beginning of the week.  The time when we start out with all our high expectations and all the best intentions.  To work out every day, to eat good-for-you foods all week long, to organize every digital file on your computer into a fabulously streamlined system, etc. etc.  Whatever your goals for the week may be, starting things off with a hefty dose of leafy greens that also happens to taste crave-worthy sounds like a great start to me.

Massaged kale salad is really nothing new, but this is the first time I’ve been compelled to make one immediately upon seeing the recipe.  I have a major thing for Caesar salad and I like almost every version I try.  Whether the dressing is thick or thin, classic or jazzed up, it’s all good to me.  This one especially intrigued me because it has all the deliciousness I expect from a Caesar, but with a nice nutritional boost from using kale instead of lettuce.  We enjoyed this for lunch yesterday and it was such a hit, I couldn’t wait to share it with you.  I have a feeling this is going to become a frequent weekend lunch and quick dinner around here.  We are definitely satisfied with just the bowl of greens and some garlicky croutons but I’m sure this would also be excellent with the addition of some grilled chicken or shrimp.  So go ahead and start the week off right, and if by Friday you want to enjoy this alongside a glass of wine that’s okay too.  More likely than not, I’ll be right there with you.

For the dressing:
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
3-4 anchovy fillets
2½ tbsp. mayonnaise
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated

For the salad:
1 bunch curly kale, about 8-12 oz.
1 tbsp. olive oil
Croutons
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving


Source

Previous
Next Post »