Quinoa for dessert? Oh yes. Just wait’ll you try this amazing quinoa blondie recipe

Quinoa for dessert? Oh yes. Just wait’ll you try this amazing quinoa blondie recipe

Confession time: I’m a brownie snob. For years I’ve turned up my nose at “blondies.” (OK, maybe there’s a little “brunettes vs. blondes” thing going on too.) Given the choice, I’d always pick a fudgy brownie over a wan beige blondie more defined by its lack of chocolate than the presence of any particular identity of its own.


Don’t Miss: Rocky Road Brownies and Skinny Dessert Bar Recipes


But recently I’ve reconsidered my prejudices. A story in the March/April issue of EatingWell Magazine, “Rediscovering Quinoa,” brought Almond Butter-Quinoa Blondies into my life and that changed everything.


These beautiful squares mix up in 10 minutes with just a few ingredients—and best of all, one of those ingredients is chocolate chips. That means I get to have it all: a sweet little treat made with luscious almond butter and trendy quinoa flour (what a great discovery for people who are eating gluten-free!), for just 146 calories.


Almond Butter-Quinoa Blondies
Print, share and save this recipe!
People won’t even notice that these almond butter-chocolate chip quinoa blondies are a gluten-free dessert recipe. This healthy blondie recipe uses quinoa flour, which you can find in natural-foods markets. To make your own quinoa flour, grind raw quinoa into a powder in a clean coffee grinder. (Adapted from “Quinoa Revolution” by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming; Pintail Books, 2012.)

Previous
Next Post »